keneci Network
News • Comedy • Science & Tech
US, Iran Peace Talks In Switzerland 'Made Major Progress' Amid Trump Threats
June 21, 2026

Direct high-level talks between the U.S. and Iran resumed on Sunday, at Bürgenstock resort near Lucerne, Switzerland, focusing on implementing a 60-day framework to end hostilities and address nuclear ambitions. Led by U.S. Vice President JD Vance and Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the negotiations aim to finalize a peace deal following an initial memorandum of understanding signed earlier in the week by Presidents Donald Trump and Masoud Pezeshkian.

Vance, accompanied by envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, sought to de-escalate tensions, telling reporters that "great progress" had been made and urging both sides to "turn over a new leaf" to transform relations. He characterized the violence in Lebanon as "messy" but manageable, emphasizing the goal of extending the interim ceasefire and addressing technical details of the nuclear agreement.

AA5AbUDRwP9ELSgoriIN3o6Tv1bhuO3KMrQNtHb0XMN9UW6wj6Szw2NxYfqrtlvHLpOmUbTrydmdsC7Y3ITWg7jknJsc6ETjaZqxpnXmebfWD8HE49dGT_WRAPhvYfwxYk6GZ3bCbzbbLskX-0Mwe6za7x5UIhk4yIj0rJXhjNn2lTnDJ_8KnrH9XP1d9OzR1Cs=w1280
Qatari Prime Minister and Mininster of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, Jared Kushner and JD Vance at Bürgenstock resort, Switzerland

Key negotiation pillars center on three critical issues where compliance remains disputed. The parties are working to enforce a ceasefire in Lebanon between Israel and Hezbollah, though recent Israeli air strikes and Hezbollah rocket attacks have threatened the stability of the agreement.

Discussions also address the Strait of Hormuz, with Iran claiming to have closed the waterway in response to "bad faith" while U.S. tracking data indicates oil traffic continues to flow with over 55 merchant ships transiting recently. The third major component involves Iran's nuclear program, where the U.S. seeks commitments to curb enrichment and allow inspections in exchange for lifting sanctions and providing a $300 billion reconstruction plan.

Roughly 90 minutes into face-to-face talks, President Donald Trump upended the room from afar via social media and a blunt 20-minute phone interview with Fox News.

On social media, Trump warned: "Iran must immediately stop their highly paid PROXIES in Lebanon from causing trouble. If they don't, we'll hit Iran very hard again, just like we did last week, only harder!!!"

Addressing Iran's threats to close the Strait of Hormuz, Trump told Fox News the U.S. would forcefully intervene. "We may take over the strait, if we have to. If they don't make a deal, we'll collect tolls," he said. In an extraordinary escalation, the president also appeared to threaten the personal safety of the Iranian delegation currently in Switzerland. "You close it [the strait] and you won't have a country. You won't even make it back to your fucking country," he claimed to have told the Iraninans during a phone call.

Furious over what they deemed "bullying" and an explicit violation of the non-aggression clauses in the preliminary MoU, the Iranian delegation formally protested to the Qatari mediators and threatened  to walked out of the direct talks.

Ghalibaf fired back on X, stating, "Our armed forces are prepared to respond to them in a different manner. They may keep talking, it is we who act." State media reported the talks had entered a "difficult phase," though mediators scrambled behind the scenes to keep both sides engaged through proxy channels late into the night.

After about 18 hours of talks, Iran's Foreign Minister and member of the senior negotiating team, Seyed Abbas Araghchi said major progress was made. "Tireless Pakistani and Qatari mediation has delivered major progress to end Lebanon War," he wrote on X. "Oil and petrochem exports are waived, blockade lifted, some frozen assets released, and major reconstruction & development plan launched for Iran. 1st real test: Lebanon deconfliction cell."

In a joint statement at the end of the talks, the mediators -- Qatar and Pakistan -- said "encouraging progress has been made" during the 18 hours of negotiations.

The mediators said the U.S. and Iran agreed to establish a High Level Committee, which will provide political oversight to the negotiation in addition to working groups focused on nuclear, sanctions, and a monitoring and dispute resolution group. Qatar and Pakistan said the U.S. and Iran agreed on 'a roadmap" for reaching a final deal within 60 days.

AA5AbUDjRhKsw2NhihrAzAqZQBll4QPwVi3JwXSOl9Y_vB5tXpO-Is1LSsSnefEpcVoztWZKp_Ijyc12pltrlgV7Gt36hNX0vMCstz7KSRVet2ioMrzUGbgVxPV4PupkzZUZVkgdI7NbZ4cPE9jk4SNdGAMH3I5VzcbNebT77PN97imvRqXcvYvZspPrRO-DRi_UxANx2a8yGv5sK8QS1h7Qj4C--1QfXQT1UJa6GQ_Opu8=w1280

The parties agreed to establish a "communication line" regarding the situation in the strait of Hormuz that will operate as long as negotiations continue, in order "to avoid incidents and miscommunication with the aim of safe passage for commercial vessels through the Strait of Hormuz," the said in the statement.

The U.S. and Iran also agreed to create a "de-confliction cell" together with Lebanon and the mediators "to ensure the adherence of the termination of military operations in Lebanon."

Technical teams from both sides will reportedly continue negotiations during the week, along with the mediators.

The current talks follow a 14-point memorandum of understanding designed to stop fighting on "all fronts" immediately, though violence in southern Lebanon has persisted with thousands of casualties reported since March 2026.

community logo
Join the keneci Network Community
To read more articles like this, sign up and join my community today
0
What else you may like…
Videos
Posts
Articles
SpaceX Starlink Internet Satellites

With Starlink internet, data is continuously being sent between a ground dish and a Starlink satellite orbiting 550km above. Furthermore, the Starlink satellite zooms across the sky at 27,000 km/hr! MORE VIDEOS ON KENECI NETWORK RUMBLE CHANNEL: https://rumble.com/c/Keneci

00:28:08
Elon Musk, DOGE Speak On Waste And Fraud

US Department of Government Efficiency Services (USDS) led by Elon Musk speak on the "mind-boggling" fraud and waste in UInited States federal government

00:00:45
January 17, 2025
SpaceX Launches Starship 7th Test Flight

SpaceX successfully executed its second-ever “chopsticks” catch of a Super Heavy booster (or Booster 14) using the “Mechazilla” launch tower on Thursday(Jan. 16), during the seventh uncrewed test flight of the company's 123-meter Starship rocket. However, the megarocket's upper stage(or Ship 33) was lost approximately 8.5 minutes into the flight in a “rapid unscheduled disassembly(RUD)” or explosion

00:10:30
Welcome to Keneci Network!

Join the conversations!

December 09, 2025
Bitcoin White Paper By Satoshi Nakamoto

Bitcoin white paper

Bitcoin_White_Paper.pdf
September 17, 2024
Charges Against Sean 'Diddy' Combs In Grand Jury Indictment

The rapper was charged with racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion, and transportation to engage in prostitution in the indictment unsealed Tuesday(Sept. 17)

Combs-Indictment-24-Cr.-542.pdf
post photo preview
China Rejects US 'Crushing' Iran Sanctions: 'Against International Law'

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lin Jian on Thursday, firmly rejected U.S. efforts to isolate Iran economically, stating that "sanctions and pressure will not help resolve the issue." Beijing opposed what it termed "illegal unilateral sanctions" that lack a basis in international law or authorization from the UN Security Council.

Instead, China called on all parties to "take responsible measures" and resolve the Middle East conflict through "political and diplomatic means."

"China always believes military actions, sanctioning, pressuring do not help solve the problem; it only builds up the tensions in the current situation," Lin said. "China opposes any illegal, unilateral sanctions without authorization of the UN Security Council... We urge the relevant party to solve the current dispute through negotiations and dialogue."

This rebuke came in response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s announcement of an "economic D-Day" and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent’s vow to impose the "toughest sanctions in history" to "collapse" the Iranian regime.

The Treasury secretary is explicitly targeting third-party nations buying Iranian oil or enabling capital flows—aiming much of this pressure directly at China, Iran's largest trade partner. He warned that any state extending a "lifeline" to Tehran would feel the "full force of the U.S. Treasury."

Bessent urged China to "get with the program," arguing that Beijing’s reliance on Gulf energy supplies would be served by joining the campaign.

However, Beijing maintained that such coercive tactics are ineffective and contrary to the interests of all parties involved.

Trump has also touted U.S. Central Command's (CENTCOM) naval blockade as "extremely effective" at cutting off Iranian shipping, while claiming the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating" under U.S. oversight. Tehran countered that it maintains operational control over the waterway, imposing transit fees and alternative routes while characterizing Washington's blockade as illegal "economic terrorism."

While the U.S. claims control over the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian officials have called the blockade and sanctions "economic terrorism" and vowed that the Strait will remain closed until the U.S. meets Iran's conditions.

"14 years ago: 'Most crippling sanctions in history.' Failed. 8 years ago: 'Maximum pressure.' Failed. 5 months ago: 'Unconditional surrender.' Failed. Today: Most crushing economic operation ever. Bound to fail. We have seen this movie before. Same bull. Different bullies," Iran Foreign Minister

The conflict between the U.S. and Iran is in its sixth month and peace talks have stalled, with Washington shifting from military strikes to economic warfare after military objectives proved unrealistic.

Read full Article
post photo preview
SUSANOO-II: Rocket Lab Launches Earth Imaging Satellite QPS-SAR-18 On 'The Lightning God Defends' Mission

Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket launched the QPS-SAR-18 satellite, nicknamed SUSANOO-II, for the Japanese company iQPS on Thursday (Aug. 20). The "The Lightning God Defends," mission lifted off at 1304 UTC from Launch Complex 1 in New Zealand.

The nine 3D-printed Rutherford engines that power Electron's first stage shut off as planned about 2.5 minutes after liftoff. Separation with the rocket's second stage immediately followed, which burned for another 6.5 minutes before releasing Electron's "kick stage" with the IQPS payload for a 40-minute coast phase. SUSANOO-II (nicknamed after a Japanese lightning god) was deployed into a 575-kilometer low Earth orbit about 50 minutes after launch.

The launch adds to iQPS’s expanding constellation of 36 synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites designed to provide near-real-time, high-resolution Earth imagery every 10 minutes.

SAR technology allows the satellites to peer through cloud cover and operate day or night, supporting applications in maritime domain awareness, disaster response, and defense monitoring under Japan’s Ministry of Defense. The satellite utilizes a patented 3.6-meter X-band mesh antenna to achieve sub-meter resolution while remaining lightweight enough for the Electron rocket.

The iQPS network "is being developed and deployed at a rapid pace to provide high resolution and near-real time SAR imagery to its global users," Rocket Lab wrote in "The Lightning God Defends" mission description.

Following Thursday's deployment, nine additional dedicated Electron launches remain booked by iQPS to complete the constellation by 2030. This mission succeeded the previous launch of QPS-SAR-13 (Mikura-I) on August 6, which occurred after a five-week delay caused by a launch abort on June 30, 2026.

The continued block-buying of dedicated launches underscores the necessity of precise orbital insertion for iQPS’s Walker-class constellation geometry, which cannot be achieved through cheaper rideshare options. Rocket Lab also operates a suborbital variant of Electron called HASTE, which allows customers to test sensors and other tech in the hypersonic flight environment.

Thursday's launch marked Rocket Lab’s 93rd overall Electron mission and its 14th launch of 2026, continuing a partnership with a 100% mission success rate for iQPS deployments.

Read full Article
post photo preview
Trump Announces 'Crushing Economic Operation' Against Iran As Strait Of Hormuz Remains Closed To Traffic

President Donald Trump announced via Truth Social early morning UTC Thursday, that the United States is launching against Iran, what he claimed to be the "most crushing economic operation ever taken against any country," framing the move as "economic warfare and isolation on an unprecedented scale."

Trump declared that Iran had "failed to take" a greater opportunity to make a deal, justifying the escalation by claiming Iran’s navy is gone, its air force destroyed, and its currency worthless. He issued a stark warning that any country allowing its financial institutions, businesses, or government entities to provide a lifeline to Iran would face "tremendous economic consequences."

The President demanded an immediate stop to oil smuggling, swap lines, cash transfers, exchange houses, ship registries, and front companies, calling the announcement an "ECONOMIC D-DAY" and urging allies to join the effort to isolate Tehran.

The announcement comes as peace talks remain at a complete impasse, with the Iranians and Trump confirming there are "no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled" with Iran. The U.S. had previously agreed to a 60-day ceasefire in a June Memorandum of Understanding with Iran, but that deal expired without renewal.

Iran remains defiant, with parliamentary speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf stating the Strait of Hormuz will not be reopened until the U.S. meets specific demands: lifting the U.S. naval blockade of Iran's ports, removing sanctions on Iran’s oil and gas sales and unfreezing Iranian assets held abroad.

Strait of Hormuz, the strategic waterway responsible for nearly a fifth of global petroleum transit, has been effectively closed to traffic by Iran since early March, with the U.S. military describing its own naval blockade of Iran as "100% successful" and having redirected 65 vessels. Trump recently threatened "to bomb the shit out of" Oman, if the nation bypassed the U.S. blockade to broker independent commercial shipping routes with Iran.

The UAE recently halted trade with Iran following accusations that Tehran fired ballistic missiles at the country, Iranian officials denied the accusations. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has demanded Iraq crack down on Iran-backed militia leaders over ongoing attacks against its oil facilities.

U.S. and Israel launched massive military operations against Iran on February 28. In response, Tehran restricted passage through the Strait of Hormuz and demanded an immediate end to Washington’s maritime containment.

With peace negotiations abandoned and secondary economic sanctions taking effect, the conflict continues to drive global energy market volatility. Oil prices have risen above $90 a barrel as investors worry about prolonged inflation shocks.

"Americans think squeezing Iran harder will win concessions that were never part of the agreement,"  Ghalibaf wrote on X. "Bessent and Hegseth are way out of their league. Stop waiting for the clown crew to pull a rabbit out of their hat and clean up the mess you made."

Read full Article
See More
Available on mobile and TV devices
google store google store app store app store
google store google store app tv store app tv store amazon store amazon store roku store roku store
Powered by Locals