keneci
News • Science & Tech • Comedy
Israel, Hamas Reach A Ceasefire Agreement: Trump Forced Netanyahu To Accept The Deal
January 15, 2025
post photo preview

Israel and Hamas have reached a ceasefire deal, with the agreement set to commence on Sunday(Jan. 19), as announced by Qatar’s prime minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani. The deal, which was brokered by Qatar, Egypt, and the United States, includes the release of hostages and the withdrawal of some Israeli forces to allow more aid to enter Gaza.

The agreement is set to last 42 days, with the first phase seeing the release of 33 hostages, starting with women, children, and the elderly, and the withdrawal of some Israeli forces to allow more aid to enter Gaza. The deal includes the release of hostages detained by Hamas and Palestinians detained in Israeli prisons, with Americans being part of the first phase of the hostage release.

A recent meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President-elect Donald Trump’s Middle East envoy, Steve Witkoff, who was in Jerusalem and Doha, reportedly played a significant role in securing the deal. He apparently pressured Netanyahu to accept the ceasefire agreement.

The meeting between Netanyahu and Witkoff was reportedly a tense one, with Witkoff leaning on the premier to make the compromises necessary for an agreement, according to senior Arab diplomats and sources familiar with the negotiations.

“[It was] the first time there has been real pressure on the Israeli side to accept a deal,” one diplomat briefed about the negotiations reportedly said of Witkoff’s involvement. The Trump's Middle East envoy met with Netanyahu on Jan. 11 to push for the ceasefire deal following a meeting with the head of the Qatari mediators, Prime Minister Al Thani.

Witkoff did more to persuade Netanyahu in a single meeting than what US President Joe Biden could do in the past year, Arab officials are quoted as saying.  The three-phase hostage and ceasefire agreement is almost the same as the proposal put forth in May which the Israeli PM reportedly scuttled.

The families of the seven Americans held hostage in Gaza, only three of whom are believed to still be alive, said they were thankful for the new deal after 15 months of uncertainty.

“We are deeply grateful that there is finally an agreement between Israel and Hamas to bring our loved ones,” said the families of Edan Alexander, Omer Neutra, Sagui Dekel-Chen, Keith Siegel, Itay Chen, and Gadi and Judi Haggai.

“We have been waiting for 467 days while our family members suffer from life-threatening injuries, abuse, torture, and sexual violence. We thank President Biden, President-elect Trump, and their teams for their constructive efforts to make this possible,” the group added.

Videos circulating on social media show Palestinians celebrating in Gaza and West Bank, and Israelis in Tel Aviv, all hopeful that Trump's election will bring peace to the region.

During the presidential campaign last year, Trump promised to end the war in Gaza which has killed tens of thousands of people including thousands of children and women.

Trump had warned that there would be “hell to pay” if an agreement was not reached before his inauguration next week. He'll be sworn as the 47th US president on Jan. 20.

Thje President-elect celebrated the cease-fire agreement on Wednesday, with the incoming president taking credit for the breakthrough in negotiations. “This EPIC ceasefire agreement could have only happened as a result of our Historic Victory in November, as it signaled to the entire World that my Administration would seek Peace and negotiate deals to ensure the safety of all Americans, and our Allies,” he wrote on Truth Social. “I am thrilled American and Israeli hostages will be returning home to be reunited with their families and loved ones.”

On his part, "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke this evening with US President-elect Donald Trump and thanked him for his assistance in advancing the release of the hostages and for helping Israel bring an end to the suffering of dozens of hostages and their families," the Jewish Premier's office wrote on X. "The Prime Minister made it clear that he is committed to returning all of the hostages however he can, and commended the US President-elect for his remarks that the US would work with Israel to ensure that Gaza will never be a haven for terrorism. The two decided to meet in Washington soon in order to discuss this and other important issues. Prime Minister Netanyahu then spoke with US President Joe Biden and thanked him as well for his assistance in advancing the hostages deal."

The ceasefire deal has been welcomed by world leaders, including US President Joe Biden, who stressed that it will bring a “permanent end of the war,” and French President Emmanuel Macron, who said that a political solution must follow the ceasefire deal to end the conflict in Gaza. UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer also welcomed the deal in a statement posted on X.

community logo
Join the keneci Community
To read more articles like this, sign up and join my community today
0
What else you may like…
Videos
Posts
Articles
SpaceX Starlink Internet Satellites

With Starlink internet, data is continuously being sent between a ground dish and a Starlink satellite orbiting 550km above. Furthermore, the Starlink satellite zooms across the sky at 27,000 km/hr! MORE VIDEOS ON KENECI NETWORK RUMBLE CHANNEL: https://rumble.com/c/Keneci

00:28:08
Elon Musk, DOGE Speak On Waste And Fraud

US Department of Government Efficiency Services (USDS) led by Elon Musk speak on the "mind-boggling" fraud and waste in UInited States federal government

00:00:45
January 17, 2025
SpaceX Launches Starship 7th Test Flight

SpaceX successfully executed its second-ever “chopsticks” catch of a Super Heavy booster (or Booster 14) using the “Mechazilla” launch tower on Thursday(Jan. 16), during the seventh uncrewed test flight of the company's 123-meter Starship rocket. However, the megarocket's upper stage(or Ship 33) was lost approximately 8.5 minutes into the flight in a “rapid unscheduled disassembly(RUD)” or explosion

00:10:30
Welcome to Keneci Network!

Join the conversations!

December 09, 2025
Bitcoin White Paper By Satoshi Nakamoto

Bitcoin white paper

Bitcoin_White_Paper.pdf
September 17, 2024
Charges Against Sean 'Diddy' Combs In Grand Jury Indictment

The rapper was charged with racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion, and transportation to engage in prostitution in the indictment unsealed Tuesday(Sept. 17)

Combs-Indictment-24-Cr.-542.pdf
post photo preview
Former Prince Andrew Arrested Over Latest Epstein Files Revelations

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the former Prince Andrew, was arrested Thursday, on his 66th birthday, at his home on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, England, on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest, carried out by Thames Valley Police, followed revelations from newly released U.S. Department of Justice documents related to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The allegations center on claims that while serving as the UK’s special representative for international trade and investment (2001–2011), Andrew shared confidential government information with Epstein during his tenure as the UK’s special representative for international trade and investment (2001–2011).

Emails released as part of the Epstein files appear to show Andrew forwarding sensitive reports about his official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Singapore, as well as a confidential brief on investment opportunities in post-war Helmand Province, Afghanistan, to Epstein.

The files reportedly show him sending the material to Epstein shortly after receiving it (one just five minutes later; another on Christmas Eve 2010). This is a common-law offence of misconduct in public office, which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and involves the willful abuse or neglect of public trust by a public official. Police opened the formal investigation after assessing a complaint (partly triggered by anti-monarchy group Republic and new evidence from US files).

Andrew was taken into custody around 8 a.m. GMT, photographed leaving Aylsham Police Station in Norfolk later that evening, and released under investigation—meaning he has not been charged but remains under scrutiny. Police conducted searches at his Sandringham residence and his former home, the Royal Lodge in Windsor, Berkshire.

The 66-year-old has denied any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein. He previously settled a civil case with Virginia Giuffre, a prominent accuser who alleged he sexually abused her when she was a minor, though he has consistently denied those claims.

King Charles III, Andrew’s brother, expressed "deepest concern" over the arrest in a statement, emphasizing that "the law must take its course" and affirming full support for the police investigation. Notably, neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.

This arrest marks the first time in modern history a senior member of the British royal family has been taken into custody, making it a historic and highly sensitive moment for the monarchy. The incident follows years of scrutiny over Andrew’s ties to Epstein, culminating in the revocation of his royal titles in October 2025.

U.S. President Donald Trump spoke to reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday, shortly after Andrew's arrest, describing the arrest as “a shame”** and repeatedly called it “very sad”** and **“so bad for the royal family.” He emphasized that he is an “expert” on the Epstein case, stating he has been “totally exonerated” and “did nothing” wrong.

When asked if American associates of Epstein could face similar arrests, Trump said, “Well, you know, I’m the expert in a way, because I’ve been totally exonerated.” He also referenced King Charles III, who is scheduled to visit the U.S. in April, calling him a “fantastic man, king.”

Trump claimed that “nobody used to speak about Epstein when he was alive, but now they speak,” and added that Epstein was “against me” and “fighting me in the election.”

Read full Article
February 18, 2026
post photo preview
3 Dead After Transgender Gunman Opens Fire At Rhode Island Ice Hockey Game Killing Ex-wife

Robert Dorgan, 56, who used the name Roberta Esposito, opened fire at the Dennis M. Lynch Arena in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, during a high school boys’ ice hockey game Monday, killing his ex-wife Rhonda Dorgan and their son Aidan Dorgan, who was a senior at North Providence High School and playing in the game.

Three others, including a family friend, were critically injured before Dorgan died by suicide with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Pawtucket Police Chief Tina Goncalves confirmed the incident was a targeted family dispute. An adult daughter of Dorgan later told reporters, “He shot my family, and he’s dead now,” describing her father as “very sick” and “mentally ill.”

Witnesses described confusion at first, mistaking gunshots for crowd noise. A parent attempted to intervene but was overpowered. Dorgan was armed with two guns, both recovered at the scene.

The shooting reportedly stemmed from a long history of family conflict, primarily tied to Dorgan’s gender transition. In 2020, Rhonda Dorgan filed for divorce, initially citing gender reassignment surgery and narcissistic personality disorder traits as grounds—reasons later replaced with “irreconcilable differences.”

The divorce was finalized in June 2021. Dorgan, who had lived in Florida as a truck driver, reportedly faced threats from his father-in-law, who allegedly demanded he leave the family home after his transition and threatened him with violence, including being “murdered by an Asian street gang.”

Dorgan reportedly had a documented history of mental health struggles and family disputes. He accused his mother of assault in 2020, and court records show he reported threats from his father-in-law, though charges were later dismissed.

In the days before the shooting, Dorgan posted disturbing messages online under the name Roberta Dorgano, including a warning: “Keep bashing us. But do not wonder why we Go BESERK,” in response to anti-trans rhetoric. He also shared a video of a woman loading ammunition while running on a treadmill.

On the day of the shooting, Dorgan posted on social media: “I have a beloved RHONDA too, my friend,” referencing a post by Rep. Thomas Massie about his late wife. The attack unfolded around 2:30 PM during the game.

The shooter's daughter Ava Dorgan (20), who was not at the game, reportedly confirmed the next day that her mother Rhonda and brother Aidan were killed, while her maternal grandparents and her mother's friend were critically injured.

Ava described her father as having mental health issues for years, said the family had not been close to him recently, and noted he had no known prior violence or gun ownership that she was aware of. (Some reports paraphrase her linking his issues to deeper problems beyond gender identity.)

Read full Article
February 14, 2026
post photo preview
SpaceX Crew-12 Astronauts Arrive At Short-staffed ISS On Valentine's Day

SpaceX Crew-12 Dragon Freedom successfully docked at the space-facing port of the Harmony module of the International Space Station (ISS) on Saturday, (Feb. 14), at 2015 UTC, marking the beginning of their eight-month long-duration mission. Freedom, carrying four astronauts, arrived on Valentine’s Day, completing a 34-hour journey from launch.

"With that gentle contact, we have bridged the legacy of humankind's continuous presence in space. It has been more than 25 years at this very site," radioed Jessica Meir, Crew-12 commander. "The International Space Station is more than a structure, it is a promise kept. Decades in the making, built by nations, sustained by trust and partnerships, and powered by science, innovation and curiosity."

"As we look back at Earth through these windows, we are reminded that cooperation is not just possible, it is essential. Up here there are no borders and hope is universal," she said.

SpaceX Falcon 9 successfully launched the Crew-12 mission on Friday (Feb. 13), at 1015 UTC from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida.

Also aboard Freedom are mission pilot and NASA astronaut Jack Hathaway, European Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Sophie Adenot; and mission specialist and Roscosmos cosmonaut Andrey Fedyaev.

“Soft capture complete.” Meir confirmed Dragon's soft capture with the ISS port.

After standard leak checks and pressure equalization, the hatches between the Dragon and the ISS opened at 2030 UTC.

The new crew was welcomed aboard the ISS by the Expedition 74 crew: NASA’s Chris Williams and Roscosmos cosmonauts Sergey Kud-Sverchkov and Sergey Mikaev.

The crew unveiled a handmade crocheted zero-G indicator featuring a model of Earth with four connected satellites, each representing a crew member. The Earth was made by Meir’s childhood friend, and the bananas symbolize Adenot.

The crew shared a message of unity: “We’re reminded that we’re all connected. Take care of one another and keep reaching higher.”

After hatch opening, the crew began offloading cargo and transitioning into their new orbital home. Their mission includes two spacewalks (postponed due to Crew-11’s early departure), research on microgravity’s effects on human physiology, pneumonia-causing bacteria, and plant-microbe interactions to support future Artemis missions to the Moon and Mars.

The ISS had been operating with a "skeleton crew" of three after the unprecedented medical evacuation of the Crew-11 astronauts in mid-January 2026 due to a serious health issue. Crew-12 was launched to restore the station’s full crew of seven, ensuring continuity of scientific operations and station maintenance.

The mission follows the Crew-9 return, which saw NASA astronauts Sunita Williams and Barry Wilmore spend nearly nine months on the ISS after their original Starliner mission was cut short due to technical issues.

Crew-12 mission marks SpaceX’s 12th long-duration crewed flight to the ISS since 2020. The ISS is expected to remain operational until 2030, under a U.S.-Russia-led international partnership.

=================

SpaceX Falcon 9 successfully launched the Crew-12 mission on Friday (Feb. 13), at 1015 UTC from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. The rocket carried the Crew Dragon 'Freedom' capsule with four astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS), replacing the Crew-11 team that departed early due to the first-ever medical evacuation from the ISS.

Falcon 9 first stage B1101, previously used in the Starlink 6-88 mission, successfully returned to Earth and landed at Landing Zone 40 (LZ-40) — the first crewed mission to land at the pad adjacent to the launch site.

The Falcon 9's upper stage, meanwhile, continued its course into orbit and separated from Freedom after an orbital insertion burn. The capsule is scheduled to dock with the Harmony module’s zenith port on the ISS at about 2015 UTC on Feb. 14, 2026.

Crew-11 mission was cut short in mid-January 2026 after an undisclosed serious health condition affected one crew member, prompting an emergency return to Earth. This left the ISS operating with a skeleton crew of three: NASA astronaut Chris Williams and Roscosmos cosmonaut Sergey Kud-Sverchkov and Sergei Mikaev.

To restore the ISS to its normal crew complement of seven, NASA and SpaceX accelerated the Crew-12 launch to ensure a timely relief mission.

Aboard Freedom are Commander and NASA astronaut Jessica Meir, a marine biologist who is on her second spaceflight, previously made history with the first all-female spacewalk; Mission pilot Jack Hathaway a rookie NASA astronaut and former U.S. Navy fighter pilot; mission specialist and European Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Sophie Adenot a French helicopter pilot on first spaceflight; and mission specialist and Roscosmos cosmonaut Andrey Fedyaev who is on second ISS mission and replaced cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev, who was pulled from the mission in December 2025.

"That was quite a ride," Meir radioed to Mission Control after reaching orbit. "We have left the Earth, but the Earth has not left us."

During their about 8-month stay in space, they will continue research into microgravity's effects on human physiology and technologies supporting future Artemis missions to the Moon and Mars. They will also perform station maintenance, including two spacewalks that were postponed after the emergence of the Crew-11 medical situation.

Crew-12 was the second-ever crewed flight to launch from SLC-40 and the first mission to use SpaceX's new landing zone at that pad, dubbed LZ-40. SpaceX's previous crewed missions have primarily launched from Launch Complex-39A (LC-39A) at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, which is a few miles up the coast from the Space Force station. But recent work at LC-39A has prompted SpaceX to move all Falcon 9 launches to SLC-40 going forward.

SpaceX recently removed the crew access arm on the tower at LC-39A and is continuing construction at the pad to support its new Starship rocket, which recently cleared an environmental review for future launches from the Space Coast. The company will continue launching Falcon Heavy missions from LC-39A and is expected to complete construction to support Starship this year.

Read full Article
See More
Available on mobile and TV devices
google store google store app store app store
google store google store app tv store app tv store amazon store amazon store roku store roku store
Powered by Locals